Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Moments Of Joy - Mixed Media Altered Home Decor

Hello Craftivators!
I’m back again with another mixed media altered art project. Today I’ll be sharing with you how I create a simple home decor using mixed media.


I got inspired by my life and current situations to create today’s piece.
Being a student of architecture, I have to work intensively for hours. Some nights I don’t even get the chance to sleep. My work load have increased to a great extent since I’m working from home in this quarantined time. Sometimes it gets a bit to overwhelming and depressing for me and I start regretting my decisions. But the very next moment I realize that at least I’m privileged enough to get to choose the subject I wanted to study, do what I love, have a secured place to shelter myself in this time of distress and have my loved ones support me for no matter what. Rather than overthinking about everything I should be grateful and happy for everything I have and believe there’s a moment of joy in every day!

This was my dt project for the Splashymix challenge. Their amazing moodboard inspired me to choose the colors blue and brown for this project.


I also got inspired by the lovely moodboard of the MORE THAN WORDS Challenge. I always love birds. When I’m all awake till dawn, the chirping sounds of the birds cutting through the silence always amuses me and makes me happy. I try finding my joy from moments like this EVERYDAY!

YouTube tutorial-



Closeup photos-






Used supplies-

1. ITD Collection -Summertime In Blue Paper Pad
2. ITD Collection- Stencils
3. ITD Collection- Thermofoil
4.Lisa Horton Crafts - Mdf flags
5. Fabrika Decoru- 3D snow effect gel
6. Rangerink- Texture paste
7. Lisa Horton Crafts - Sisal
8. Robin’s Nest- Dewdrops

Moodboard of More Than Words Challenge-

Don’t forget to check out their challenge blog- CLICK HERE

Thanks for visiting my blog. Hope you guys liked the project. To see more of my work, you can follow  me on INSTAGRAM and subscribe to my YouTube channel- CRAFTIVATION

   

12 comments:

Heather McMahon said...

Wow! This is stunning! I love the video as well as your gorgeous creation. So glad you could join us again at More Than Words this month.

Cecy said...

Beautiful decorative piece! Loved the video ;) Thank you for join us at MTW! xoxo Cecilia

Dana Tatar said...

Beautiful! I love the sweet little blue birds. :) Thanks for joining us at More Than Words Challenges!

JustJolande said...

This is great! I love it!! Thanks for playing along with MTW

Rosaliescreativecafe said...

This is gorgeous. Thank you for joining us in the More Than Words challenge

Daisy Ramsay said...

Woww!! gorgeous!! ♥♥
Thank you so much for playing along with More Than Words

Lanusia said...

What a gorgeous creation! I love the palette and the idea. Thanks from MTW for participating in our challenge.

Anastasia Tveritneva (Asia Koliasina) said...

Perfect!!!Thanks for playing along with us at More Than Words challenge!!!
Wonderful project!!!!!!!!

anai.pl said...

These little birds are so cute! I love how you made it :)
Thanks for joining MTW challenge!

Empire of the Cat said...

Lovely and cute little birds - Thanks for joining us at More Than Words ~ Elle xx

katrinpoemg said...

Lovely the little bird, very nice and cute very nice Thank you so much for joining us at MTW

Yulia said...

Very lovely!💕 Thanks from MTW! Yulia:)